Department of Computer Engineering
The Department of Computer Engineering at the SVKM’s Institute of Technology, Dhule was established in the year 2017. The Department offers four years Bachelors of Technology program in Computer Engineering. The intake capacity is 60 seats each for Computer as well as Information Technology.
The Department has State of the art computing laboratories, equipped with the latest machines, software and are networked to the client machines throughout the department. The machines are ready with license software as well as open source software for various practical assignments. Each lab is equipped with projector and laser printer for the ease of students. Also high speed internet is always available for the use of staff and students.
The Department has a blend of experienced and young faculty members who also work as mentors to the equally diligent, hardworking and intelligent students.
The Degree program is spread over four years with two semesters in each year. The first year of engineering is common to all disciplines. The students gets an opportunity to opt for elective subjects from second year onwards, which provides the students with more options to learn and acquire ongoing trends of industry. The curriculum spread over the period of four years makes the student conversant and provides an in depth knowledge
We strive to impart basic knowledge of the vast area of Computers, which serves as the most apposite platform for students to pursue higher studies in their areas of interest.
To prepare the students as globally recognized Computer Engineers who will be innovative to cater the industrial demands and social needs.
- To empower students with comprehensive knowledge of Computer Engineer to be successful professionals.
- To impart quality education to make the students ready for industry, higher study.
- To inculcate leadership abilities with strong ethical values and encourage lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of Department
PEO I: Graduate shall have successful professional carrier with strong ethical values.
PEO II: Graduate shall exhibit knowledge and technological skills to resolve real life problems.
PEO III: Graduate shall evolve as a professional, researcher or entrepreneur who continues to learn and adopt emerging technology.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
A graduate of the Computer Engineering Program will demonstrate-
PSO1: Professional Skills-To develop an ability to understand, analyze, design and implement computer program in the field of Computer Algorithmic, Web Development, Data Science, Computer Network And Security, Software Design, System Software Cloud Computing and allied fields.
PSO2: Problem-Solving Skills– Ability to provide computer based solution for the real-world problems applying standard practices, problem solving strategies and methodologies.
PSO3: Professional Career – The ability to employ modern computer tools and technologies in creating innovative career path.