Electrical Engineering Department
Department of Electrical Engineering
The Department of Electrical Engineering at the SVKM’s Institute of Technology, Dhule was established in the year 2017. The Department offers four years Bachelors of Technology program in Electrical Engineering. The intake capacity is 60 seats for the program.
The Department has State of the art laboratories, equipped with the latest electrical machines, high voltage lab equipment, PCB prototyping machine, Power quality analyzer and computer lab with licensed software as well as open source software for various practical assignments. Also high speed internet is always available for the use of staff and students.
The Department has a blend of experienced and young faculty members having specialization in diverse fields of Electrical Engineering such as Power systems, Electrical Machines, Electrical Drives, High Voltage Engineering, Control systems
The Degree program is spread over four years with two semesters in each year. The first year of engineering is common to all disciplines. The students get an opportunity to opt for elective subjects from second year onwards, which provides the students with more options to learn and acquire ongoing trends of industry. The curriculum spread over the period of four years makes the student conversant and provides an in depth knowledge
We strive to impart basic knowledge of the vast area of electrical engineering, which serves as the most apposite platform for students to pursue higher studies in their areas of interest.
To nurture technically efficient and socially responsible Electrical Engineers, capable of meeting society’s future requirements and environmental challenges.
M1: To improve academic infrastructure in the field of Electrical Engineering, resulting in high-quality professionals, by utilizing modern technology and design automation tools.
M2: To provide industry with technically educated and globally competent Electrical Engineers.
M3: To inculcate passion for learning and encourage creativity to serve society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: To develop the ability of solving engineering problems using the fundamentals of science and mathematics.
PEO2: To create the ability to use design automation tools and design for addressing social and industrial challenges.
PEO3: To encourage graduates for higher education, careers in research and entrepreneurship to work as part of a team with leadership skills.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Graduate will apply Electrical Engineering knowledge effectively in the context of environmental and social concerns.
PSO2: Graduates will exhibit their understanding of electrical engineering for systems design and experimentation.
PSO3: Graduates will strive to pursue lifelong learning and leadership prospects.